WHAT DOES THE WORD SCIENTOLOGY MEAN?
The word Scientology, conceived by L. Ron Hubbard, comes from the Latin scio which means “knowing, in the fullest meaning of the word” and the Greek word logos which means “study of.” It means knowing how to know. Scientology is further defined as “the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Background and Basic Principles
- What does the word Scientology mean?
- What Is Scientology?
- How did Scientology start?
- Is it all based on one man’s work?
- What are some of the core tenets of Scientology?
- Why is Scientology called a religion?
- Why is Scientology a church?
- Does Scientology have a scripture?
- What is the Scientology cross?
- What does the Scientology symbol, the S and Double Triangle, represent?
- What is Dianetics?
- What is the mind?
- How does Dianetics work?
- What is the difference between Scientology and Dianetics?
- What is the Bridge in Scientology?
- Scientology Beliefs
- Scientology Founder
- What Scientology Does for the Individual
- Scientology and Dianetics Books
- Scientology and Dianetics Training Services
- Scientology and Dianetics Auditing
- Operating Thetan
- Scientology Ministers
- Inside a Church of Scientology
- Scientology Attitudes and Practices
- Scientology and Other Practices
- The Organization of Scientology
- Church Management
- Religious Technology Center
- Church of Spiritual Technology
- Church Funding
- Scientology in Society